Thursday, December 4, 2014

Photo Feature: Vernon Tuckey

This week, I have a picture of a baby from the "Who The Heck Are They?" collection.

The inscription, in ink, says "Vernon Tuckey", and the studio name printed in the lower right corner is "L. Wilson." But as helpful as that may be to someone else, I have no idea where this person might fit on my family tree. I have no "Tuckey" folk, and don't recall hearing any mention of the name.

"Vernon Tuckey"

If you recognize little Vernon, please let me know - either comment below, or drop me a note!






Profile of the blogger
as a middle aged man
 If you're following the rest of my posts, you might have noticed that I label them (labels at the bottom) with categories so you can quickly find, say, all of the "Callin" posts that will appear over time.

WTHAT = "Who the Heck Are They?" These are pictures that I have in my physical possession whose subjects are unknown to me. I'm hoping the Internet will recognize them, and maybe someone will let me know who they are.

GBOH = "Great Beards of History!" As a proud beard owner, I love finding examples of stunning facial hair in the family. Yes, sometimes, I will use this to share amazing moustaches, as well.

1 comment:

  1. From cousin John:

    "John Vernon Tuckey lived most, if not all, of his life in the Glendale/Peoria area. He was an FBI agent and lived to be 90 years old. His parents were John Herbert Tuckey and Katie May Rambo. He had at least one sister, Ruth (Mrs. Milford Pentecost) She lived in Sun City."

    So, more information - but the mystery deepens. Are we related? If not, why did my grandparents have an FBI agent's baby picture in their garage?

    ReplyDelete