Thursday, December 25, 2014

Photo Feature: Christmas at White Bear Lake

Merry Christmas, from c.1938!



This is the Holmquist family in the festive living room of their home in Mahtomedi, Minnesota.  William Arvid is seated, with his wife, Hilder; their three children - Ruth, Arvid Wesley ("Bud"), and Lillian ("Lil") behind them.

William Arvid was born in Sweden in the 1880s, arrived in the U.S. around 1910, and married Hilder in St. Paul. Hilder was born in New York in 1888, her parents having immigrated from Sweden around that time. Bud was the grandfather of my lovely bride.

Here's hoping your holidays are warm and cheerful!


Profile of the blogger
as a middle aged man
 If you're following the rest of my posts, you might have noticed that I label them (labels at the bottom) with categories so you can quickly find, say, all of the "Callin" posts that will appear over time.

WTHAT = "Who the Heck Are They?" These are pictures that I have in my physical possession whose subjects are unknown to me. I'm hoping the Internet will recognize them, and maybe someone will let me know who they are.

GBOH = "Great Beards of History!" As a proud beard owner, I love finding examples of stunning facial hair in the family. Yes, sometimes, I will use this to share amazing moustaches, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment