Most common question:"You mentioned a book on the Callin/Callen family - where can I get a copy of that?"
There are two books I usually refer to (links are to freely available PDF versions):
- The Callin Family History - compiled by George W. Callin (1846-1921) in about 1911
- The Callen Chronicles - coordinated by Edna M. Callen McNellis in 1990
If you've been looking for your own, you can now purchase a copy of The Callin Family History at Lulu.com! You can still download the free PDF version above, but now you have the option to collect a copy for yourself, or send a gift to a family member. Proceeds from any sales go toward supporting this blog.
If you live in Ohio, or any of the places you're reading about on this blog, or if you just want to help out, visit your local library's website and look for their "suggest a purchase" link.
Different versions of these and other resources are hosted at:
Callan Family of Ireland (www.callanfamily.net/)
These are some resources I have found useful - your mileage may vary, of course!
- Some Memories: Growing Up with Marty Robbins - As Remembered by His Twin Sister, Mamie by Andrew Means (Author)
- Map Guide to the U.S. Federal Censuses, 1790-1920 by William Thorndale, William Dollarhide
- Ancestors of American Presidents by Gary Boyd Roberts
If you're considering getting your DNA testing done, it can be overwhelming to try to figure out on your own. I've done mine through Family Tree DNA (ftdna.com), and there is a Callen/Callin/Callan/etc. group there which can probably answer more of your questions than I can, just yet.