Thursday, November 27, 2014

Photo Feature: Joel Monroe Clark

[Update: I originally misidentified this photo as my great-grandfather, David Ulysses Clark. I've updated the post so the information is correct.]

This week's photo is especially exciting for me because:
  1. this is my great-great-grandfather - Joel Clark, and
  2. this beard is AMAZING! What a way to end Movember!

Joel Monroe Clark (1828-1915) 
My grandfather didn't have much to say about his side of the family. I don't know much about what they were like, but in most of the census records his father David's occupation is listed as some kind of woodworker or laborer in a furniture factory, or as a sawyer. He was born in Kentucky, and moved a few times, showing up in Ohio, Kentucky, and Arkansas over the years.

In 1947, he died in Pulaski, Arkansas at the age of 74, and was buried in Benton.

Here is a more complete post about the man in the picture, David's father: My Sixteen No. 9: Joel Clark



 If you're following the rest of my posts, you might have noticed that I label them (labels at the bottom) with categories so you can quickly find, say, all of the "Callin" posts that will appear over time.

WTHAT = "Who the Heck Are They?" These are pictures that I have in my physical possession whose subjects are unknown to me. I'm hoping the Internet will recognize them, and maybe someone will let me know who they are.

GBOH = "Great Beards of History!" As a proud beard owner, I love finding examples of stunning facial hair in the family. Yes, sometimes, I will use this to share amazing moustaches, as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment