Thursday, March 12, 2015

The Book Is Out!


If you've been following this blog for any length of time, you know about the book that got me started on my genealogy hobby back in the day. A lot of folks have asked for copies, and I've tried to make an electronic version widely available. But I've got a surprise for those of you who like to hold things!

You can now purchase a hard copy edition of The Callin Family History of your very own. I've edited a reproduction that is for sale at Lulu.com - you can still download the free PDF version (also see the "FAQs & Links" page), but now you have the option to collect a copy for yourself, or send a gift to a family member. Proceeds from any sales go toward supporting this blog.


I did this for two reasons. The main reason is that this book was important to me, and I want cousins close and distant to be able to keep a copy of their own. I think I have one of the last original copies, and it's in pretty bad shape. This way, family members and (hopefully) the occasional library can preserve new copies.

(If you aren't a fan of Lulu.com, you can find it on Amazon, too, but to be honest, they'll charge you more and I get less out of it.)

The second reason is because I'm working on revising and updating cousin George's book, with help from cousins John and Joan, and I wanted to try out Lulu's service before committing our magnum opus to their services. I'm pretty happy with their product, so I really can't wait to see our revised, update in print! Hopefully this replica edition will whet your appetite for our revision, too.

If you're a descendant of James Callin, consider getting a copy of your own, and please check out the "Are We Cousins?" page to see how you can help us complete the 2015 revision!

And thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment